India vs Australia 5th ODI 2017: Though team India has already sealed the series by 3-1, still, this 5th ODI has a lot of importance. Dailycricketnews.com brought you 15 reasons that make you feel worth to watch the last ODI. As you know, it would not be easy for India to dominate resurgent India. Anyways let’s start counting reasons without wasting time.
Here are the 15 reasons why to watch India Vs Australia 5th ODI 2017
- Virat Kohli as a captain: If India will defeat Australia today then Virat Kohli will become the first captain of India whose captainship sealed the series by 4-1 against Australia.
- Team India in Nagpur: The winning rate of India in Nagpur is 50%. India has played 4 ODIs so far from which India has won 2 and lost 2. So, Let see, the match would be interesting.
- Hardik Pandya: Pandya might reach 50 International wickets. He has taken 47 International wickets so far including Test, ODI, and T20I. Hardik Pandya has taken 4 wickets in 3 Test matches, 28 wickets in 25 ODI, 15 wickets in 19 T20I. So 3 wickets left to complete 5o international wickets. Apart from bowling his outstanding batting, he is emerging as a ruthless cricketer.
- James Faulkner: James Faulkner is only 4 wickets behind to complete 100 ODI wickets. If he does this today then he will be the 17th Australian cricketer in ODI wickets club.
- Jasprit Bumrah: An unconventional bowler India has ever found is only 6 wickets behind to complete 50 ODI wickets. Amazing! He started his career in 2016 had collected 44 wickets in hardly 2 years of span.
- 8 ODI Tons for Aaron Finch: The second-most by any non-Test playing player. Ireland’s William Porterfield has 9 ODI tons but has never played a Test.
- Matthew Wade Poor Performance: 64 runs in 7 innings with an average of 10.abc.
- Dale Steyn record: Can any bowler from India and Australia do this today. Dale Steyn has taken 5 wickets for 50 runs. Hmmm, tough task but not impossible.
- Aaron Finch to reach 3000 ODI runs: 107 Runs Aaron Finch needs to become the 21st Australian to reach 3,000 ODI runs.
- Umesh Yadav Vs Aaron Finch: There are 5 occasions Umesh Yadav has taken Aaron Finch wicket in ODIs more than any bowler.
- Virat Kohli Vs Nathan Coulter-Nile: 2 times Nathan Coulter-Nile has bowled Virat Kohli in ODIs.
- Ajinkya Rahane: Ajinkya Rahane is 55 runs behind to complete 6000 International runs.
- George Belly: George Belly highest score is 156 runs at this venue.
- Australia and India: Australia scored 350/6 batting first before IND chased that down with 351/4. This is the sixth highest match aggregate in an ODI in India.
- 29% Win rate batting first: In ODIs here in the 7 matches (excluding no-results/ abandoned/ canceled matches etc. in ODIs) held here. Of the 5 matches, only once has a team defended successfully: Zimbabwe v Canada during the 2011 WC.